14 Valentine’s Day Ideas for that Special Someone
Valentine’s Day is right around the corner!
Don’t have anything special planned yet? There is more than one way to tell your special someone that you love them. From candy to scavenger hunts – click to the link to get ideas for this upcoming holiday.
1. Take your sweetie on a scavenger hunt. Ask him/her to answer riddles to find the clues to items that you placed somewhere around town. The last item should give instructions that lead to your Valentine’s Day activities.
2. After enjoying a candlelight dinner for two at home, give your partner a massage and watch a romantic movie.
3. Go on a date with your partner to a restaurant that you enjoyed when you first met. After you order your meal, take some time to write down favorite memories from the past year. Then share your lists.
4. Order food from a take-out restaurant and have a picnic on the living room floor, with your significant other, or the entire family.
5. On individual note cards, write why you love your Valentine. Insert these cards in a small photo album.
6. On February 13th, after your Valentine goes to bed, tape notes to their car’s steering wheel with reasons that you love them.
7. Give your partner a dozen roses. On each stem attach a note for a future date-to do something that they would enjoy.
8. If you are separated across the miles, send a care package filled with things that are red.
9. Fill a jar with Valentine candy and “Cupid Coupons” or notes. Examples of Coupons are: Good for a back rub, 10 kisses, etc. Notes could also express your love and respect: “I am so glad that I have such a great husband like you.” Individually roll each note and tie it with a ribbon.
10. Surprise them by taking a vacation day from work and enjoy Valentine’s Day at home. Have a relaxing morning together on the patio, go to a favorite restaurant for lunch-do things you enjoy together.
11. Write a poem and frame it so they can keep it forever.
12. Make a special “14 Reasons I Love You” Valentine’s Day breakfast for your sweetheart. On his/her plate, leave a letter or card listing 14 reasons why you love them.
13. Fill a large box with helium balloons and special gifts for Valentine’s Day.
14. Make a meal with symbols of love. Examples: Write “I love you” with string beans or make a tart in the shape of a heart.