Pack Like a Pro For Your Summer Getaway
In a few short weeks, we’ll wave goodbye to summer season and begin the awkward transition to fall. You know, when Pumpkin Spice Lattes make their way back on the menu but it’s just too soon. What better way to soak in the last bits of summer than with a spontaneous getaway. We’ve created a pack list to get you started!
1. A swimsuit. Have you ever unexpectedly stumbled across the most perfect lake, river, or stream and had the urge to jump in but realized you forgot your swimsuit? Even if you think you won’t need it, it’s better to be safe than sorry.
2. A change of shoes. A pair of athletic shoes, sandals, and a nicer shoe for evenings out should cover all your bases.
3. A few options of clothes. Pack a few items you can mix and match throughout your trip. You’d be surprised how many outfit combinations you can get out of a few tops, shorts, pants or a versatile skirt, jackets, and sweaters.
4. Something warm. Although it is summer temperatures tend to cool off at night. Make sure to pack a light jacket or something to keep you cozy.
5. 3 oz. toiletries. Pack simply and pack small. You’re traveling spontaneously after all. Why haul around your full-size toiletries?
6. A travel toothbrush! Just because you’re on vacation doesn’t mean you a break taking care of your teeth.
7. First aid kit. Hey, you gotta be prepared for anything.
8. Insect repellant. Mosquitos love summer for its warm weather. Be careful if you are in humid, wet climates because they tend to make more appearances than in drier ones.
9. A hat + sunscreen. UV rays are everywhere. Especially during summer.
10. All your charging equipment. Even if you’re taking a trip to unplug from reality, it’s a good idea to take a charger so you’ll have a fully charged device upon your return.
So what are you waiting for?! Consider yourself 50% packed. Go enjoy summer while it lasts.