Tips and Tricks to Avoid Spring Allergies
Photo by Brittany Colette on Unsplash
We’re coming up on a new season this month, which means new smells and allergens to reacquaint ourselves. Sniffling and sneezing is no fun at all. Did you know that your sinuses have an impact on your oral health? It’s true, allergens from pollen and dust, can affect our nasal passages and lead to sinus pressure which then leads to oral health issues like toothaches, dry mouth and sore throats.
We’ve put together some tried and true tips so you can (hopefully) avoid these and enjoy your spring season!
1. Wash all linens and towels that have been tucked away in cupboards all winter long.
2. Stay inside and keep all windows and doors closed when the pollen count is high.
3. Air purifiers can help filter out additional pollens and dust floating throughout the air.
4. Vacuum all furniture, carpets, curtains, etc. once a week or at least once every two weeks during spring months.
5. Consult with your doctor to see if you are able to receive an allergy shot or should be prescribed a daily antihistamine or nasal spray.
6. Remove all clothing worn outside before going indoors. Throw these in the wash and then wash yourself off before you track pollen inside.
7. Consider investing in a nasal irrigation vessel like a Neti Pot and into a routine of clearing your nasal passages.
Not a fan of the springtime allergy blues? We aren’t either. By preparing yourself and your home (and maybe a little luck) you’ll be able to sail through spring, allergy-free and smiling.