New Year’s Detox Dos and Don’ts
Tuesday - September 20th, 2016
Doing a detox in January can be a great way to reset your body after the holiday season.
But before you jump into a new regimen, consider these tips so you can get the best results.
- Replace one meal a day with a detoxifying smoothie or juice. Smoothies are a great way to get your daily serving of fruits and vegetables.
- Prep and plan your meals in advance. Packing a lunch and planning dinner the day before will help you prepare to eat well.
- Carry a water bottle. Staying hydrated is a key component to staying healthy. Sometimes when we crave junk food, it can mean we’re actually dehydrated.
- Over do it. If you’re trying a juice cleanse, or some other kind of detox diet, start slow and listen to your body. You don’t need to do a 10-day cleanse to get results, especially if you’ve never done it before. Try to do a 24-hour or 3-day cleanse first.
- Limit yourself. There are some fad diets that severely restrict calorie consumption, which is not healthy. Instead of being so strict with yourself, learn to eat in moderation instead.
- Give up. Some days will be harder than others. Don’t be too hard on yourself and don’t give up. If you give in to a craving, simply start fresh the next day.