5 Ways to Celebrate Earth Day 2017
This coming Saturday, 192 countries will come together to honor and celebrate the environment.
No matter your beliefs, Earth Day is a great time to remind ourselves of the importance of taking care of our planet. We can always use less and recycle more, but some of you might be stumped for Earth Day activities. Choose any of our ideas and make a difference this Earth Day 2017!
1. Plant a tree! There are many organizations that will have tree-planting ceremonies, but you can also pick up a sapling at your local nursery.
2. Carpool! This is something you should always make an effort to do, but Earth Day is a perfect time to ditch the keys and carpool with your friends or loved ones. Better yet, take a stroll or ride your bike!
3. Hear that dripping? It’s about time you fixed that leaky faucet. Drinkable water is limited, and many people on our planet have trouble finding clean water. Earth Day is a great time to re-evaluate your water use and do everything you can to limit water waste.
4. Sign up for paperless services. Still get bank statements or bills mailed to your house? Even if you were able to plant a tree, paperless services are so commonplace that there is no excuse for you to be wasting paper!
5. Stop drinking bottled water. Plastic is convenient but it is one of the worst materials for our planet. Even though they are recyclable, most plastic bottles end up in landfills. Reusable bottles will save our planet as well as your wallet!