2016 Trending Halloween Costumes
It’s October which means football, fall leaves, and pumpkin carving. Our personal favorite part of this month is picking out the perfect Halloween costume. Your Halloween costume is a very important fashion statement: it showcases your creativity and sense of humor.
Picking the perfect costume can be tricky; some costumes are overdone while others feel too cliche. This year, choose a costume trending in 2016 that all of your friends will be envious of. Here are our predictions for this year’s most popular Halloween costumes:
- Harry Potter: While this is a costume that has been worn a lot in the past, with the release of “Cursed Child” there are a new array of characters to choose from.
- Pokemon: With the release of the PokemonGo game, Pokemon suddenly became relevant again. Everyone was playing PokemonGo and running all over to catch them. Dress up like the Pokemon master Ash Ketchum or everyone’s favorite Pokemon Pikachu.
- Lemonade: Recreate one of Beyonce’s looks from her visual album that swept the nation. When this album dropped, no one could stop talking about it. Grab a yellow dress and a bat to complete the look.
- Presidential Candidates: Are you with Her? Grab a pantsuit and style your hair in Hillary fashion. Wanting to ‘Make America Great Again’ this season? Grab a bad wig and sport a faux orange tan.
- Empire: Obsessed with this hit show? The Lyon family is vicious, powerful, and very stylish. Grab a faux cheetah jacket and rep Cookie Lyon’s style.
- Superhero: 2016 was the year for Superhero movies: with Deadpool, Batman v. Superman, and Suicide Squad there are an array of costumes for you to choose from.
These six costume ideas will really show you are keeping up with the trends of 2016. No matter the costume, Halloween is a fun time to dress up and pretend to be someone different for a night! Have a happy and safe Halloween!