7 Take Action Steps for International Women’s Day
March celebrates National Women’s History Month here in the U.S., but this Tuesday, March 8, is a global observance of women worldwide!
This special holiday not only honors all that we have accomplished, but to continue to fight for what women all over the world deserve. If you’re not sure where to get started, here are seven ways to celebrate International Women’s Day and truly make a difference in the lives of women around the world!
1. Make a Pledge for Parity – Take the pledge and make the promise to help girls and women around the world accomplish their dreams, help close the gender gap in economics, politics and education. Spread the word! Use the campaigns official hashtag, #PledgeForParity.
2. Vote in Your Local Primary or Caucus – let your voice be heard and make the change you want to see in your community.
3. Find an Official International Women’s Day Event Near You – Click here to go to their website to find an event near you. The organization also offers career festivals, tech conferences or networking events.
4. Bask in Female Creativity – Women have made significant contributions around the world through politics, technology and art. Celebrate by visiting your local museum, read a book by a one of the many, many great female authors, or simply research and learn about notable women throughout history.
5. Start a Conversation – International Women’s Day is the perfect time to start a conversation on the issues facing women around the world. A single conversation can go a long way.
6. Donate to a Good Cause – There are several amazing organizations that help women around the world. Find a cause that matters to you and donate today!
7. Advocate for Yourself and the Women in Your Life – One of the best things you can do for International Women’s Day is to support and love yourself, and the women around you.