Delicious to the Core – An Apple Recipe Sure to Delight Family and Friends
Stuck in a rut with the same after-dinner dessert ideas? Fall, with the arrival of apple harvest, provides fresh inspiration. We love these apple pie bites from The Blond Cook. They take less than thirty minutes to make and are unbelievably delicious. Your friends and family will be left scratching their heads wondering how you had time to become a pastry chef with your crazy schedule. The secret? They are easy as pie (bites) to make!
Enjoy! And be sure to brush your teeth and floss well after you finish your dessert.
Apple Pie Bites
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice mixture, and additional apple pie spice (about 1/4 teaspoon) for sprinkling on top of crescent rolls
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans (*completely optional. Not a nut fan? Leave them out for an equally delicious dessert)
- 1 small Granny Smith apple, cored and sliced into 8 (1/2-inch) slices
- 1 (8-ounce) can of Pillsbury Original crescent rolls
Apple Pie Spice Mixture
- 1-1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and your 1 teaspoon of apple pie spice mixture. Set aside.
- Melt butter and toss apple slices in butter, set aside.
- Arrange crescent roll triangles on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Evenly distribute your set aside brown sugar mixture onto each triangle.
- *Optional: Sprinkle each triangle evenly with chopped pecans.
- Place an apple slice on the wide end of each triangle. Wrap crescent roll dough around each apple.
- Brush each crescent roll with remaining butter. Sprinkle lightly with additional apple pie spice mixture.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Photo and recipe courtesy of: The Blond Cook