Answering the Question: Are Veneers for You?
Veneers are the newer and less invasive alternative option to caps and crowns. Many of us have seen them on celebrities and been intrigued. They can be used as a way to straighten, brighten or perfect your teeth after consulting with your dentist. If you’ve ever wondered if your smile would benefit from veneers, here is the foundational information you will need to decide if they are for you.
• Veneers are small pieces of porcelain that are adhered to your tooth using light curing treatment, which makes them much less invasive than caps or crowns.
• A small portion of your enamel must be removed in order to make room for the veneer, which makes this treatment irreversible.
• It is important to note that veneers need to be replaced every 10-20 years.
• They range from $800-1,200 per tooth.
• They can be used to fix chipped or stained teeth, fractured teeth, or fill gaps.
We hope this answers some of your initial questions and encourage you to set up an appointment with your dentist to weigh all of your options. No matter what you decide, be proud of the smile you have and don’t wait to show it off!